The Patagonian Expedition Race® will take place from November 14 to 27, 2020.
Registration period is from January 10, 2019 to March 12, 2020.
Teams interested in participating in the PATAGONIAN EXPEDITION RACE® must comply fully with the following registration procedure:
Complete the registration form, being sure to fully read and understand all the instructions and policies listed within it.
, the user will be redirected to Welcu, where he/she MUST pay his/her team's pre-registration fee of
$60.00 USD (+ Welcu's commission)
through an international credit card. The organization WILL NOT review a team's application until payment is finalized.
An email will be sent to the Captain, advising him/her whether their team has been accepted or not, within maximum one month of completing registration, which will be accompanied by a special link in order to pay the registration fee should the team be accepted. Should a team not be accepted, there will be NO refund of the pre-registration fee.
Once accepted, each team must pay at least 50% of the total registration fee, depending on the current stage of registration, within 15 days of receiving the registration link. If a team fails to pay within 15 days, their spot is not guaranteed and could be given to another team.
All teams should note that payment of the second 50% should be made within the same payment period, which can be found on the registration page. If a team fails to pay the second 50% within the same payment period, the team must pay the difference in the total price, which will depend on the current payment period.
Submit all of the following documents and certifications BEFORE September 30, 2020
- A medical certificate (not older than 6 months) by a qualified physician (for all team members).
- A certificate emitted by a qualified instructor, school or institution proving that the participant has knowledge and experience in sea kayaking (for at least one of the team members).
- Certification of their knowledge and experience with handling ropes, including crossing rivers, abseiling and rappel, fixed rope descending and ascending with mechanical ascenders
- A certificate of first-aid knowledge emitted by a recognized institution (for at least one member).
- A digital copy certifying an international health insurance with full medical and hospital coverage in Chile in the event of an accident. This insurance must include an air rescue service.
Prices and Registration Periods:
- Super Pre-Sale: January 10, 2019 - March 28, 2019 / US$5.400.- (+commission)
- Pre-Sale: March 29, 2019 - July 31, 2019 / US$6.200.- (+commission)
- Normal: August 01, 2019 - March 12, 2020 / US$6.800.- (+commission)
*If the Team's Name include the name of a Sponsor brand, the Team should pay an additional corresponding to the 10% of the lower registration price (US$540)
The available refund options are the following:
The team can either elect to receive, within 30 days of completed the payment, a refund of 50% of the total payment paid. Meaning, should a team have paid 50% of the total registration and then be unable to participate, the team could be refunded 25% of the 50% paid.
The team could also elect to credit 80% of the total paid towards the next edition. There would be no refund given, but, should a team choose neither to participate nor a 50% refund, it would only be available for the next edition. Should a team only have paid 50% to guarantee their team’s spot in the race, the same rule would apply, meaning the entire amount would be credited towards the next edition. If not used for the next edition, it will be lost.
A team's registration entails that each member has throughly read the event's Rules and Regulations and Mandatory Equipment.